Monday, January 23, 2012

Somewhere to rest my head.






Last night I picked my mother up from work. While I was outside waiting I noticed that there was a pallet laying on the ground next to the trash can. So I got my happy little butt out of the car and put it in the back seat. This morning I got the pallet out and decided it was going to be a headboard.

I have a house full of useful things so everything was just laying around which meant this craft was free! Which in my opinion is the best kind of craft!

It was so fun and easy. I got to stain wood for the first time ever!
I started by taking off the wood on one of the sides and covering half of one side.



Then I stained it with some wood stain we've had laying around our house for years and never even opened.



After that all dried I took an old picture frame and I used the back of it as the lower half of my headboard and covered it with some old fabric I had in my room.




Then I needed something for the top because I'm going to use the top as bookshelf. So I had these old pieces of wood that came out of the bottom of an old dresser. They had just been in the back of my closet so I got them out. (They aren't going to be up there forever just until I can cut down the old shelf I have in the back yard.



I cleaned them off and stained them.



I attached the shelf bottoms to the top of my headboard to give me a small shelf for my books.





This is the back. I wanted this headboard to be awesome in a lot of ways, I added some lights to the back.



So now it lights up too!

No comments:

Post a Comment