Friday, January 20, 2012

Silver lining




Don't hate me! I had a birthday part a couple of weeks ago and I bought all these random things that I now have no need for. Among my finds, I found these three great silver serving trays at goodwill for five bucks. I had no idea what I wanted to do with them when I started, other than I was going to hang them on my wall.



I started by spray painting the two larger ones white. (at the time I was going to leave just one of them silver but I later changed my mind)

After they dried I realized I didn't like the plain white look. So I got out my pain and started mixing colors. I came up with this awesome teal color but I didn't have enough of it to do all three trays. So I used a bright yellow and red for the other two.

While they all dried I started stringing glass beads onto some wire. When I was done I tired the wire around the trays to act as hangers so I could put them up on the wall. I did two of them in beads and one wrapped in lace to add a little more color.

No comments:

Post a Comment