Monday, April 9, 2012

Nightstand to Morningstand!





I've had this end table for awhile. I found it while I was driving around looking for some good trash to pick. It was my pick of the day the morning. Now I liked the way it originally look, but since I've been redoing my bedroom it doesn't really fit in. So I decided that I would give it just a little makeover. The best part is, it was free!




First I had to sand it all down and get out most of the bumps and bruises. It didn't take long at all because we have a electric sander. After a few minutes of sanding I cleaned up all the dust. I had two cans of spray paint that I had left over from another project. I used a mint green on the outside but I wanted the do something a little different. So I painted the drawer a cream color.



After I was all done painting I let it dry and took a draw pull off of an old dresser we had. I spray painted the draw pull with some brass spray paint we had for our shelf project. While that dried I drilled some holes and then put the new pull on.

I think it turned out awesome and I love the new look! It only took about 20 minutes (Thank goodness for fast drying spray paint.), and like I said it was free! But if you wanted to do something like this the spray paint I used cost about 4 bucks each.

No comments:

Post a Comment